18 August 2008

Something I aspire to do everyday is to see God in something. I want to share with you where I saw God today.

I got off work at 4 this afternoon. On Mondays I try to stay and work out at the gym at work; but today I decided to go home and work out. I would much rather walk or run around my neighborhood than run on a treadmill inside. So I was waiting in the left turn lane when this guy pulled up beside me like he was going to turn right. Then he started backing up to line up our windows. Honestly, in my head I was thinking, "Why is this idiot backing up in the middle of the street?" Then he looked at me and proceeded to tell me, through our rolled up windows, that my back tire was low. I gave him a thumbs up signs so as to signal I knew what he was saying. As if it's a good thing to have a flat tire! Then in sign language I signed "thank you" but I had no idea if he knew what I was saying.

So I figured my tire must be really low for someone to stop and back up and tell me! I drove two minutes to the nearest gas station. I stopped next to the air tank and got out to look at my tire. It was extremely low; almost to the point of no air left in the tire! With this being the time of debit cards and no cash, I thought to myself, "I don't know if I even have any change to air up my tire." It costs 75 cents. I keep change in my car ash tray and guess what I had - three quarters and a bunch of pennies!! So I aired up my tire. Then I listened and looked for air coming out. I didn't hear or feel any air coming out. So the next logical thing was to call my dad. This was the first time I've had any trouble with my new car, so for that I am very thankful. With my last car I would call my dad every other month because something else was making a noise. Anyways, I asked my dad if I should drive home or take my car to Wal-mart. My dad advised me to go to Wal-mart and have them check out my tire.

On the drive to Wal-mart I was praying the air would stay in my tire. I made it to Wal-mart and drove around to the tire and lube express. When I got out of my car the tire was still full of air; so hopefully that meant the tire only needed a plug. They only charge 9.50 for a flat tire repair. And when I was looking at the prices I noticed that they only charge 6.00 to get all four tires rotated. I had recently had my oil changed at another service station and they wanted to charge me 20.00 to get my tires rotated. At the time I said I would do it next time, when I really knew I would find somewhere cheaper to do it.

So back to Wal-mart; I told the guy that if my tire only needed a repair then to have them go ahead and rotate the tires. After thirty minutes of anticipation and prayer they told me that I just needed a plug for my tire. Hallelujah!! I'm not at the place right now where buying a new tire is feasible. They fixed my tire and rotated my tires all for 15.50. Conditions could not have been any better for my flat tire.

I saw God in:
- the nice gentleman who stopped to tell me that my tire was low
(it could have went completely flat on the highway in rush hour traffic)

- the three quarters set aside for me in my car ash tray
- my dad being home and helping me in all my car troubles
- only having to get my tire plugged and NOT having to buy a new one
- getting my tires rotated for a great price

So even in the midst of having a flat tire I was able to see God at work all around me. I am so thankful that He takes care of me. I honestly don't know what I would do without Him.

Be encouraged dear friends and may you see God at work around you today!

No comments: