18 December 2007

long december

It's December - the end of the year!!

There were so many changes this year. For a while I wasn't looking at the positive side of things. I was only allowing myself to see the negative. But I know God has called me to a life of love and abundance and I choose to focus on the good He has given to me. So I was thinking about the year and I decided to write at least one thing positive that has happened each month this year.

Jan – met someone who is now one of my best friends; survived the ice storm and learned to appreciate electricity

Feb – figured out what I wanted to do with my life, career wise - children's ministry

Mar – spent the whole month in observance of lent (my own decision and my first experience) – learned some very important lessons

Apr – started my health kick, realized that I actually enjoy running

May – visited friends and DBU campus in Texas

June – celebrated a whole month of friends birthdays, i'm an honorary member of the june bday club

July – celebrated independence day with family, friends, camping, fireworks and shopping; bought a new car

Aug – started grad school, had a much needed change in my job situation

Sept – two new Bible study groups started this month

Oct – had a great weekend in KC with friends and family; turned 26, celebrated with a pasta party and games; took a road trip with family to Tennessee; traveled a lot

Nov – went to a great concert; had a wonderful thanksgiving with family; finished my first 5K

Dec – finished my first semester of grad school; Christmastime – my favorite time of the year

so I challenge you friends to look at the good that God has brought into your life this year...

No comments: